Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Who Am I?

I teach intercultural studies and pastor courses at Baptist Bible Seminary in Pennsylvania, United States. I have been teaching here for 20 years and currently am the Professor of Intercultural Studies. I also direct the Internet Course Development Program and work with online course design and faculty development.
I have a desire to take this course so that I may learn more about open educational resources and be better equipped to design an online program which will provide educational opportunities and leadership development for the global church. I have struggled with the reality that the vast majority of the world cannot pay the current tuition rates for our courses and something must be done to alleviate this issue. I believe open educational resources can and will be a vital part of the solution.
Jim King

No comments: